Summer Application for Financial Aid

Summer School at Mercer is a GREAT way to spend your summer!

Summer school marks the end of the 2017-2018 academic year and all aid is awarded from the 2017-18 FAFSA. If you are an entering freshman for summer, you will need to complete both the 2017-18 FAFSA for summer and the 2018-19 FAFSA to begin fall semester. All annual limits are applicable to the summer semester. Returning students who have received maximum federal awards during the fall and spring term will have no available funds for summer study. Students who advance a grade level may gain additional eligibility. All federal requirements apply. Please note: You must file a FAFSA before June 30, 2018 to be considered for loans for summer term classes in 2018.

General Eligibility Requirements – To be eligible for federal and state summer financial aid a student must:

  • Complete the 2017-18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for federal and state aid.If you have not already done so, you may complete the 2017-18 FAFSA by going to If a student wishes only to be processed for state aid, a Georgia Scholarship Grant Application (GSFAPPS) is required and can be complete by going to
  • Be enrolled at Mercer in a degree seeking program.
  • Be enrolled at least half time (6 credit hours for undergraduate study) for student loans and state aid.
  • Meet federal guidelines for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) - SAP is required for summer enrollment. If you were awarded summer financial aid and you do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress standards after your grades have been reported for the 2018 spring semester, your summer aid will be cancelled. If your financial aid has credited your tuition account, the aid will be cancelled and the funds returned to your lender. You will need to make alternative plans to pay for your 2018 summer session tuition and repay any aid that is cancelled.
  • HOPE and Zell will not be awarded for students attending Mercer for summer 2018 until final grades have been reported for the 2018 spring semester.
  • Transient HOPE and Zell Scholarships - If you are a Georgia resident and wish to receive HOPE or Zell as a transient student a Transient Permission Form must be completed in the Registrar's Office. After all Spring 2018 grades post, all eligible students will have a transient form sent electronically to the school listed on the Transient Permission Form.
  • Transient Enrollment – If you are a Mercer student planning to attend another college for the 2018 Summer semester, you must complete a Transient Permission Form in the Registrar's Office. If you have remaining federal eligibility you would like to receive as a transient student, you must contact your financial aid counselor to complete a Consortium Agreement Form. Please be advised not all schools participate in Consortium Agreements. Therefore, although you may have remaining eligibility, if the other institution fails to enter into a Consortium agreement, Mercer is unable to process any federal aid. *Note - Schools are NOT required to defer payment until you receive your aid.
  • Dropping or withdrawing from any summer course may result in cancellation of all or part of your financial aid. Please consult with your financial aid counselor before making any enrollment changes.
  • If you will be studying abroad with a direct exchange or other study abroad program, please be sure to provide the Financial Planning Office with an itemized breakdown of your expected expenses (study abroad budget).


Please list your first and last name
Please indicate how many hours you are enrolled in or planning to enroll in for the Summer semester.