Next Steps in the Financial Aid Process
Congratulations on becoming a Mercer Bear!
Here are some actions you can take to ease the financial obligations you will incur on your pathway to higher learning.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at fafsa.ed.gov.
- FAFSA opens each year on October 1.
- Mercer's School Code is 001580.
- Submit all required documents through your MyMercer portal.
- Review your document center and submit all Requested-Required Documents.
- For instructions on how to submit documents to your portal, click here.
- Your financial aid award estimate will be finalized and confirmed once all documents and items are submitted and verified.
- Complete Verification (if Selected)
- Create account and complete required tasks on Mercer.VerifyMyFAFSA.com
- For instructions on how to create your verification account, click here.
- Accept your Financial Aid Award Estimate through your MyMercer portal.
- For instructions on how to accept or reject your awards, click here.
- Complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) for you Federal Direct Loan(s)
- If you are a first time borrower and have accepted a Federal Direct Loan then you must complete Entrance Counseling.
- Visit studentloans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling and MPN.
- For instructions on how to complete Entrance Counseling, click here.
- For instructions on how to complete an MPN, click here.
- Know What you Owe
- The National Student Loan Database offers an easy way to track the amount of your borrowing.
- Log in to NSLDS.ed.gov using your FSAID.
If you need further assistance,
Schedule a meeting with your Financial Planning Counselor by calling 478.301.2670