How to Complete Entrance Counseling
You have been awarded a Federal Direct Loan. The Federal Direct Loan Program requires all borrowers to complete Entrance Counseling before receiving any Federal Direct Loan funds. Please follow the steps below to verify completion of Entrance Counseling.
You will need the following items to complete Entrance Counseling:
- U.S. Department of Education FSA ID
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Social security number
Follow the steps below to complete Entrance Counseling:
- Navigate to the website: www.studentloans.gov.
- Click "Sign In" under Manage My Direct Loan.
- Click Complete Entrance Counseling.
- Select either "Undergrad" or "Graduate" loans based on your enrollment.
- Complete your Loan Entrance Counseling.
Select Georgia and Mercer University in the drop-down menus of the School and Loan Information section. Mercer's Macon address and school code G01580 will appear.
Choose the first "Mercer University" listed in the drop-down box.
Do not choose a Mercer University that has a suffix attached to it (i.e., Mercer University Law).
After you have completed Entrance Counseling, our office will be notified by the U.S. Department of Education within approximately 1-5 days of completion.